Reserving a Room in the Library
The library’s classrooms and conference rooms are available for use by RISD students, faculty, and staff during library hours.
The library uses an online room reservation system accessible through 25Live (schedule.risd.edu).
Reserving Videos and DVDs for Classroom Use
Faculty may reserve RISD media in advance to assure its availability on a specific day. Contact us to reserve a video or dvd for a class.
For media purchase requests, contact Marc Calhoun, Catalog/Reference Librarian.
• 1 classroom equipped with a digital projector, DVD/VHS player, AirPlay, HDMI and USB-C adapter, whiteboard (15 seats)
• 1 classroom equipped with a large LCD monitor, AirPlay, whiteboard (13 seats)
• 1 conference room equipped with large LCD monitor and AirPlay (6-10 seats)
• 2 group study rooms with whiteboards
• 23 public computers (internet access, Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite)
• several MacBooks available for in-library use (Microsoft Suite, Adobe CS5)
• USB-powered DVD drives available to borrow for up to a week
• face-up book scanner (tiff, jpg, pdf, grayscale, color, bl/wh; save to usb, email,
• flatbed scanner (in copystand/light table room)
• AV viewing station with DVD/BluRay and VHS player
• circulating DVD/VHS collection
• wireless access throughout the 1st floor library reading room
• copy stand
• light table